Dolphin Swim and Encounter - UNEXSO
The Underwater Explorers Society (UNEXSO) is located in the Port Lucaya Marina gives you a chance to swim and interact with dolphins in a protected lagoon. You can enjoy a mix of dolphin behaviors and relaxed swimming. Interact with dolphins in the natural environment of The Dolphin Experience lagoon and take home your dolphin memories by purchasing your favorite photos taken during your date with the dolphins. Multiple daily departures from UNEXSO to the 9 acre Dolphin Experience Lagoon. UNEXSO offers four different dolphin encounters;
- Swim with the Dolphins
Receiving a brief educational briefing from one of the well trained staff. Swim with the dolphins while plunging underwater to play or race them above surface. Perform behaviors with the dolphins and ask them to turn around, speak, splash you or wave. Swim in between two dolphins and then hug and kiss them while our photographer takes photos of you. You may purchase your photos after the program.
- Water depth - About 10 ft/3meters
- Number of participants - 12 (6 in water at one time)
- Daily departures at:
- Approximate time in water with dolphins - 20-25 minutes.
Adults: US$ 179.00
Observers: US$ 85.00
- Dolphin Close Encounter
Sit with your feet in the water to have an educational experience about these dolphins while they splash and jump around you. Step onto a 3 ft submerged platform where you can pet and kiss a dolphin. Photographers will take a photo of you while interacting with the dolphins, available for purchase after the program.
Adults (8 & Above): US$ 85.00
Child (Ages 4-7): US$ 50.00
Children under 4 free
Observers: No observers allowed
- Open Ocean Dolphin Swim
Interact with dolphins in their natural ocean environment. This facility is the only one in the world that offers this experience.Meet your dolphin trainer and receive a quick orientation before heading out into the open ocean. On the ride out, watch the dolphins jump and play in the boat’s wake. Enter the water, about 20-25 ft depth, and swim with them alongside you in the crystal clear water. Perform behaviors with the dolphins and ask them to turn around, speak, splash you or wave. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Location - The open ocean along the South shore of Grand Bahama Island (weather permitting).
- Water depth - About 15-20 ft/5-7meters
- Number of participants - 6
- Departs at 9:00 AM on:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Approximate time in water with dolphins - 20-25 minutes
Adults: US$ 219.00
Observers: No observers allowed
- Dolphin Assistant Trainer
- If you're looking for a more hands on experience then walk in the shoes of our Dolphin Trainers. During your session you will learn how to care for these beautiful animals, their behavior and habitat. You will receive a photo of you and your trainer, a tee shirt and a certificate of completion.
- Water depth - Varies
- Number of participants - Approx. 2
- Departs at 8:30 AM
- Program Length - Approx. 5 hrs.
Adults: US$ 389.00
Beach breaks can be done either through your cruise line or on your own. To do it on your own or for information on the options of beaches please visit our Beach Options Page.
Pat and Diane snorkeling trips give you the opportunity to see amazing coral reefs and to feed reef fish out of the palm of your hand. You may also see dolphins, rays, starfish, turtles, and everything else the coral reef has to offer. Their snorkeling excursions are open to everyone. If you are inexperienced in the water, you can take still have an unforgettable snorkel experience with a snorkeling tour.
Sea Safari Snorkeling
The Fantasia is not your ordinary snorkeling boat; this spacious vessel contains attractions unto themselves including a 30-foot high climbing wall and a thrilling sliding board. This attraction is a favorite with children and adults alike. Kids can't get enough of slipping into the tropical waters from the 30-foot long slide. And you'll love the amazing views of the panoramic seascape while climbing our challenging artificial rock face. After working up a sweat on your ascent, ride the large yellow slide into the refreshing waters of the Caribbean. Sit on deck and bask in the Bahamian sun while sipping a cocktail. Marvel at the awe-inspiring view as you enjoy lunch from the on-board Bar and Grill.
- 30' Rock Climbing Wall
- 30' Water Slide
- Shallow water snorkeling reefs
Tour Duration: 2 Hours
- Tour Times
- 9:30 AM
Child (6 - 12) $33.00
Child (5 & Under) $20.00
Transportation available from cruise ships. There is a $10 per person charge for pick up from the cruise ship port area.
Robinson Crusoe Beach Party and Snorkel
Cruise to the sun-soaked shores of a remote island oasis for the ultimate Caribbean beach fiesta. Snorkel around a shallow reef submersed in crystalline waters. Chow down on a grand buffet lunch with the spectacular panoramic seascape as a backdrop. Enjoy organized beach games, including volleyball. Or simply relax and sunbathe on the secluded island. The bar is open all day, including on the trip back to port, when you can show off your moves while dancing to the tropical rhythms.
Snorkel for 90 minutes above an amazing coral reef. All necessary instruction and equipment are provided by our personable and professional staff. After you have worked up an appetite snorkeling, enjoy a satisfying seaside lunch consisting of chicken, ribs, peas 'n rice, corn on the cob, and bread rolls. After lunch, enjoy the afternoon our secluded cay by playing volleyball and other games, or simply relaxing with a cocktail on the on the pristine white sand. Feel free to indulge in the unlimited Bahama Mama punch; we offer complimentary transportation back to your hotel.
- 90 minutes of snorkeling time on a shallow reef
- Private, deserted beach escape
- Full Buffet Lunch (vegetarian dishes available on request)
- Unlimited Bahama Mama rum punch and fruit punch & lemonade
- Volleyball and Beach Games
Tour Duration: 5 Hours
Adults - $ 85.00
Child (11 & Under) - $ 59.00
- Drinking age is 18 and Up
- Tour is available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Cruise ship guests must take a taxi from the cruise ship dock to the Port Lucaya Marina (about a 20-30 minute cab ride)
Deserted Island Cruise and Beach Party
Riding aboard our beautiful 45-foot catamaran, the Sunshine, guests on our Deserted Island Cruise will get the exciting and scenic 30-minute ride from the shoreline of Grand Bahama to the remote island of Peterson Cay. Peterson Cay is a small isle that lies about a mile off the southern shore of Grand Bahama and is the only island off of Grand Bahama Island's leeward shore. It is an unspoiled natural preserve that is great for nature lovers. It is one of the tiniest national parks of the Bahamas and is surrounded by shallow waters that allow for some of the best snorkeling the Bahamas has to offer. There are few remaining snorkeling destinations that offer such an abundant and thriving underwater life at such shallow depths. All instruction and gear are provided by our knowledgeable and friendly crew. You are guaranteed a fun and safe snorkeling experience.
Another great aspect of this trip is the time guests get to spend on the remote and practically untouched beaches of Peterson Cay. Guests get the chance to swim at their leisure on the warm and clear waters or simply bask in the sun and explore this ecologically astounding environment. Guests also get to join us in eating a tasty picnic-style lunch that includes Caribbean-style barbecue chicken to satiate hungry appetites. Guests will also be offered our delicious and quenching rum punch as they sit on the warm white sands of Peterson Cay and bask in the warm rays of the sun.
- Guided tour
- Snorkeling off of a deserted island
- Island style lunch
Tour Duration: 4.5 Hours
Adults - $89.00
- Child (11 & Under) - $59.00
Explore the laid-back Caribbean atmosphere of Freeport Grand Bahama on a 3-hour city tour. Discover lush flora and fauna, go to the lively suburb of Lucaya, and visit the commercial business centers of Downtown Freeport.
- Explore Freeport
- Enjoy duty-free liquor shopping
- Visit the commercial business center of Downtown Freeport
- See Count Basie's home, designed like a grand piano
- Discover the only castle on the island
- Tour Price: $35 per person
Kayaking - Grand Bahama Nature Tours
Lucayan National Park Kayak and Nature Tour
(6 hours in duration - $89.00)
- 90 minutes of moderate paddling.
- Safe in any weather-No dangerous creatures.
- Fully guided tour.
- Suitable for all ages. - Beginners welcomed
- Wide, stable, two-man kayaks. Easy in and out.
- 3rd seat for infants.
- Lunch on private, shady beach.
- Time for swimming or beach combing.
Peterson Cay Kayak Snorkel Tour
(5 hours in duration - $89.00)
- Only 30 minute paddle from mainland to beach on Peterson Cay, the Bahamas' smallest National Park.
- Excellent snorkeling only yards off beach.
- All snorkeling tours are guided by experienced divers.
- All equipment provided.
- Instructions for beginners are provided.
- Deli lunch provided on Peterson Cay.
- *Wetsuits available on request $5 per person
Lucayan Glass-bottom Boat Tour
Experience the exhilaration of diving without getting into a wetsuit! On this informative and picturesque tour on the waters off the shores of Grand Bahama Island, you and your whole crew will become captivated by the beauty of the island's underwater world. On this glass-bottom boat tour of the reefs and submersed world of Grand Bahama Island, you get the chance to see what lies below the surface within the comfort and steadiness of a large boat. Treat yourself to the fabulous underwater vistas visible through the large windows that line the hull of this vessel. With your guide's informative narration about the history of Grand Bahama Island and about the organisms that thrive in its waters, you are sure to leave the deck with a new appreciation of the islands.
Tour Times (Daily)
- 10:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
- 2:30 PM
- Adults - $35
- Child (12 & Under) - $20
Tour Duration - 1.5 hours
Jeep Tour - Grand Bahama Nature Tours
Bahamas Jeep Safari
(5-1/2 hours in duration, distance approx. 40 miles, $89.00 per person).
- Drive your own 4x4 open top Jeep in a convoy, led by an experienced island guide.
- We travel excellent roads with little traffic as well as off-road through pineforest.
- (Option # 1) Stop for a light lunch at the tropical Garden Of The Groves. View the gardens and browse through the arts and craft's village for authentic Bahamian souvenirs.
- Your final stop is a private beach club where you may swim or relax in lounge chairs.
- (Option # 2) Visit Lucayan National Park, where you walk through several ecosystems and see the Lucayan caves and enjoy a light picnic lunch on Gold Rock Beach. There is time for a swim as well.
Grand Bahama Around Town Experience Tour
Have your own personal guide to show you around town and take your through the hustle and bustle of the native city life. Learn the wonderful and exciting history and culture of the Bahama Islands. No crowded tourist buses or limited schedules its all up to you. The tour takes you to Grand Bahama’s native local markets which offer fabulous shopping with something there for everyone. You can even attain Celebrity status at the Perfume Factory when you learn about and design your own fragrance. For the Art enthusiast you will enjoy a visit to the Grand Lucayan Art gallery in order to experience some great artwork from historic artists. As you take a wildlife walk at the Rand Nature Center learn about the flora & fauna of our islands and how many have been incorporated into our culture and lifestyle over the years. Pay a visit to the Bahamian Brewery which manufactures Sands Beer and take a sip or two while you go back in history to our Bootlegging and Rum Running Days.
Tour duration: Approximately three hours (9am - 12pm)
- $55 per adult
- $30 per child
Biking Sightseeing, Beach and Shopping Tour.
(5 hours in duration - distance 10 miles - $89.00).
- Leisurely bike ride along scenic shoreline and the old settlement of Smith Point.
- Narrated stops at points of interest.
- Enjoy a light lunch and non-alcholic beverage at the tropical Garden Of The Groves. There is time to view the garden and shop in the arts and crafts village.
- Your tour will end at one of the finest beach facilities in Freeport.
Freeport Bike and Snorkeling Adventure
Experience the rich culture and history of West Grand Bahamas on our West End Bike and Snorkel Adventure. From the beginning of your tropical island adventure, your guide will convey the rich history of our island. Nothing compares to this exclusive, personal tour.
Your West End Bike & Snorkel Adventure begins when we pick you up from your cruise ship port or hotel lobby in our air conditioned vehicle. Your bike adventure is approximately 8 to 10 miles long as you bike at a leisurely pace with stops and narrations along the way introducing this quaint fishing village with interesting ties of past. At the conclusion of your bike ride, your guide will take you to the next location of the day, for a delicious Bahamian lunch. While lunch is not included in the price of this tour, we do stop at a local restaurant where you will have the opportunity to purchase lunch from a varied menu of some of the favorite delicacies of the island.
After lunch we take you to a stunning and picture-perfect white powdery beach, Crystal Beach. Here you will have the opportunity to snorkel in the turquoise crystal clear ocean where an abundant of marine life awaits you. Relax on the beautiful beach, comb for sea shells, swim, snorkel, or float, Crytal Beach is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy your afternoon in the Bahamas.
- Tour price: $69 US per person
- Tour Time: based on your ships port times
- Tour Length: 6 hours
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship port
- 6 hour guided tour
- Snorkel Gear
Scuba Sur Viva Bahamas
Scuba Sur Viva Bahamas is an international 5 Star Padi diving center. They offer PADI dive courses from beginner to pro, diving to several spots and snorkeling trips. They even have dive courses for children. For those who never dived before they have a free trial dive in the pool. This way you learn the beginning skills from diving and you get used to the equipment. Furthermore you can enjoy the Discovery Scuba Diving Course and experience a dive in open sea. If you like it you can continue to become a Padi Scuba Diver or a Padi Open Water Diver. Excellent reef and wall dives, diving from shore and from boats, waste no more time before experiencing the beauty and freedom of the weightless floating underwater.
Dive Prices (insurance included):
- 1 dive - $45 ($42 if booked online)
- 2 Dives - $90 ($81 if booked online)
- 3 Dives - $135 ($122 if booked online)
- 4 Dives - $175 ($158 if booked online)
Grand Bahamas Scuba
Fred and Melinda run the family owned and operated Grand Bahamas Scuba. They are experienced operators and dive masters and will help you to make the most of your experience. Grand Bahama is blessed with unique features that have created diverse dive sites of great beauty. A broad shallow bank extends offshore bordered by a shallow barrier reef. The reef is followed by a gradual drop-off that slowly descends in a stepwise fashion to a vertical wall plunging from two hundred to two thousand feet. The shallow waters provide food that supports a fascinating reef population, while the influx of clear water from the deep, virtually guarantees incredible visibility. Call ahead to arrange for transportation to and from the cruise port.
- Mornings at 9:00 AM
- Afternoons at 2:00 PM
- Two-Dive Trip.........$105
- One-Dive Trip..........$55
- Night Dives.............$25 surcharge Time TBD
Dives include tanks, weights and belts.
ATV Adventure - Grand Bahama Nature Tours
Off-Road ATV, Tropical Garden and Beach Break
(5 hours in duration - $ 89.00)
- Ride a trail with lots of curves through native vegetation
- One mile of excellent, little trafficked road
- Continue scenic ride along waterway with beautiful vistas
- Stops for introduction into the environment and history of the island
- Spend time at the tropical Garden of the Groves
- 1 ½ hours of beach time at a private beach Club
- Voucher included for one free soda, ice tea or lemonade
Trikk Pony Adventures
Forget the typical single-file ride through the bush! Trikk Pony Adventures offers the longest beach ride on the island with small groups of up to 4 riders only! Their professional tour guide will take you horseback riding through a short trail onto an amazing powdery white, sandy beach and into the stunning blue azure water. Ride alongside your friends and family, and right into the ocean.
- Our exclusive one-hour beach ride. $100 per person. Available Monday-Saturday. Times may vary, please inquire.
- Add a scrumptious luncheon on the beach along with delicious local drinks for just $119 per person. Available Monday-Saturday @ 9:45am.
- Length of tour: Approx. 2hours
Cruise passengers are picked up in front of the Grand Lucayan Hotel (taxis are available at the portto the Grrand Lucayan)
The ultimate eco tour of Grand Bahama Island. A 2 hour guided ride from the Stables on the top of the Island. The trail winds its way through the endangered Pine Forest, past the Castle and through the Hardwood Coppice, along the Swash, over the Dunes, west on the Beach and into the Sea. We return to the Stables along the trail. You Will Get Wet! Including courtesy shuttle from Freeport Harbor!
Price: $130 / person
Cash, travelers cheques, Visa and MasterCard accepted.
Minimum rider age is 8 years of age
Weight limit 200 lbs
No experience necessary
walk and jog only
Experienced trail horses, comfortable trail saddles and friendly guides
Helmets are available and recommended
Long pants and tennis shoes recommended for your comfort.