Packing Tips For Cruises
- You may not get your luggage until later on the first night. Pack anything you may need for the first day/evening in your carry on.
- Never pack anything in your luggage you couldn't stand losing forever.
- Tape your name, address, phone and cell numbers inside your luggage.
- Always carry your cruise and airline documents on you and not in your luggage or carry-on bag.
- Stuff a small collapsible light weight bag or two into your suitcase. At the end of your cruise, use the bag for your laundry or those souvenirs' you bought.
- Before your go, take a picture of your luggage inside and out. This will make them easier to identify your belongings if they are lost.
- Small cable zip ties can be used to secure luggage closed to prevent tampering or accidental opening. Pack a nail clipper or diagonal cutter in the outside pocket to cut off and include extra zip ties for the return trip.
- Attach some sort of identifying features to your luggage (ribbon, scarf, etc…) to make easily seen when picking up luggage.
- The porters and luggage carriers are not delicate with your luggage. Wrap delicate things carefully to prevent damage.